Finally. After a year and more of real-life shit, and a complete loss of interest in coding, a new version of Kharne (v0.0.6) is now available (source also available here).
To summarise the big changes in this version: potions and stealth.
The full list of changes are below:
- Potions have been implemented.
- Added a stealth mode (entered and exited by pressing 's').
- Added NPCs to the Town level.
- Added a house for the character to the town level.
- Eating no longer restores any lost health points.
- Projectile Animation is now much smoother.
- Increased the number of monsters generated per level.
- Resting is no longer possible when starved.
- Additional Identify scrolls are now generated on each dungeon level.
- Right-clicking on a Creature will bring up Monster Memory for that creature.
- Elemental Intrusion Creatures have had their hitpoints reduced again.
- Reduced the rate at which certain skills are learned.
- Groups of Monsters can now have a slightly tougher leader monster accompanying them.
- The cursor now changes colour depending on LOS.
- Unique monsters now have their glyphs marked with a double-underline.
- OOD monsters now have their glyphs marked with an underline.
- Fixed an issue with certain vaults having impassable walls in error.
- Removed the extraneous buttons from the Inventory view.
I'm very happy about this release, not only because its been 10 months since the last, but because I'll be able to implement magic and ammunition in the next release, which I hope, as I've got my enthusiasm for coding back, will be soon.
In the meantime, please let me know either here or via email any bugs you find.