v0.02b is now downloadable, following the maxim of 'release early and release often'. The full changes in this version are as follows:
- Combat/Defense and Subterfuge Skills have been implemented.
- The nutritional value of food has been quadrupled.
- You can no longer removed cursed items by swapping uncursed items into their slot.
- The display font has been changed to a standard system font (Courier).
- Message Colours have been changed and standardised.
- A welcome message is now displayed when you first start the game.
- A Low Hit Point Warning has been added.
- You can now only target hostile creatures with ranged weapons.
- Projectiles have been fully animated.
- Fountains can now be found in all dungeons apart from the Elemental Planes. They can have both beneficial and harmful effects.
- Whilst the Wizard screen is displayed, death is optional.
No proper ranged combat just yet. Its a heck of a lot of work, and the next release will probably just contain its implementation. The refactoring necessary for it will also make implementing spells and targeting thereof much more easier as well.