Sunday 13 September 2009

Sleeping Monsters & Stairs into Vaults

I've added some code to gray out monsters that aren't aware of the character yet:


The mouse over hint will also tell you that they're not aware of you yet. When they wake up, they return to their natural colours:


Incidentally, this was an instance of stairs from the town level leading directly down into a vault. It's not very common, and can only happen on the first entrance to a dungeon branch. The question is, should I disallow stairs from being located inside vaults?

3 comments:

Timothy Sassone said...

"The question is, should I disallow stairs from being located inside vaults?"

I wouldn't, personally. Especially if it only happens on the first floor. It makes sense that the entrance to a dungeon would be used as a vault. So, if you don't think it'll have a negative impact on game-play I'd leave it in.

1 Chat a Day said...

So unrelated once more,
I am trying Kharne for the first time.

Random char ( Half Orc Priest ) , go down to Fortress of Ablach, go up, open door, message saying 'A Xvart comes into view!' 'A kobold comes into view' Game hangs..

T.

Dave said...

Tom, yeah, that's a known bug.

I'll probably release an interim 0.0.3.4 to fix that problem.

Would you be interested in me sending you a version with that fixed?